Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 28, 2010

No calorie Bruschetta.....NOT

My blog would not let me do as many pics as I wanted, so I have to start here with the pictures. There are so many wonderful ways to cook bruschetta with many many different yummy ingredients to swap for different flavors. I just made this up as I went along and got the yummiest delightful bruschetta it made my hubby say...."dang, that's good bread." HA. I just smiled and was happy that he liked it. There are several steps to making this....BREAD......I like to say Bruschetta. Of course I have to say it with a fake accent that I'm sure sounds idiotic but it wont stop me. Okay, I took a fresh loaf of french bread and sliced is with a slight slant. I buttered each side and I pan browned it with a bit of Pam in my pan. I got the bread slightly hard on each side with a beautiful coloring. Then I took melted cream cheese.......did I say it was low fat......if I did....I lied. Okay, so I took my melted cream cheese and slathered it on one side of the bread.
In another pan I took very think sliced cucumbers, red onions, and red peppers (you could use anything here) and I cooked them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. ( I use nothing else when I cook, except for a little Pam ) When they became soft I put them on the BREAD.....(bruschetta Greg!!!!!)


Then I added freshly sliced roma tomatoes.................hungry yet?????? I am!!!!!!!!!



Then I took mozzerella cheese and covered each yummy piece of BREAD and then topped it off with Parsley for the DANG, that bread looks good, effect. LOL
Broiled it at 500 degrees and watched it literally every second. Only took a few minutes and the BREAD.......bruschetta was beautiful. This would also be really good with a yummy sauce on it instead of the cream cheese. I was out of Feta............I LOVE feta, or that would of been on it too. If this looks good to you I hope that you try it. If you have a similar recipe......I would LOVE to hear it too. I love trying new recipes.



1 comment:

Down On The Farm said...

MY MOUTH IS WATERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!